Friday, October 19

The Ren Faire

Sooo, a bunch of....curious things have happened in my life recently. I'll write about the one today. 

The other day, I was chatting online to my American friend about Renaissance Faires. I'm kind of a dork incase you hadn't noticed, ha. Anyway, I was telling him how envious I am of the American faires and how I wish we had stuff like that in SA and that if we did, I would totally go to one. He loves the ones they have in the States and he was telling me that they are next-level awesome. Anyhow, I ended up having a bit of a rough day that day so after work, I laced up my running shoes and started stomping down the pavement with practically a little raincloud above my head! I'm stomping away and then I come to a breathless stop at  this streetpole. I'm panting away, feeling like heck and then I look up and there's a streetpole sign for a Ren Faire taking place on my birthday! A Ren Faire in SA?! Now, I didn't have any real plans for my birthday. I figured I should probably do something on the actual day but I couldn't think of anything to do. But of course, now I had to go to the Ren Faire! Cath, rather amused at this all, agreed to come with me...and it was really random. Ha. So random that I felt weird taking pics....but it was a fun, silly mission and I'm glad we checked it out. A jester even made me a flower balloon for my birthday, haha. I think I need to get involved with the Ren Faire committee next year - I have big plans for minstrels, hair-braiding and beer tents!  On another note, how pretty is misty Camelot in Hillcrest? So lovely. x

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
blog comments powered by Disqus