Wednesday, September 28

Interpret Durban (my un-entered snaps)

Last Friday was the 2nd annual Interpret Durban Party/Exhibit at the City Hall. I blogged about last year's one here. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend this year's event but these are two pics I snapped the day before submissions were due. To be honest, I hadn't realised there was a photography category this year until a week before...probably due to laziness on my part. By then I had run out of time to plan a shoot of shorts but as I was driving home on Sunday, I saw these kids playing about with a public telephone on Umbilo Road. The theme for this year's event was Rediscover, Reconnect, Reveal - and I thought these cute kids using a phone sort of spoke to that theme. I hopped out of the car to snap them but unfortunately, I didn't get the best pics - the kids were adorable but my lighting and compositions were off. Spontaneous snaps on sketchy roads aren't the easiest I guess! I was a bit shy to enter them because I knew the standard would be really high. Silly of me really because the spirit of the event is more celebratory rather that judge-tory! I believe the proceeds of the event auction went to Umthombo Street Children which is awesome. Anyhow, here are the pics. The kids were wonderful and sweet to let me snap 'em. Props to everyone who entered and helped co-ordinate the event. I think it is a brilliant thing for Durban to look forward to.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
blog comments powered by Disqus