Thursday, March 18

An Education

When speaking about the Orla Kiely SS10 collection, Paula of Pink Bow said, 'I know it's been covered to death already. But I couldn't help but include it here as well as my blog is, if nothing else, my on-line scrapbook.' And that's exactly how I feel about An Education. I have to heap even more praise upon it! It's the most beautiful film I've seen since Amelie. I won't give away the plot except to say it's set in London during the early 60's and it's absolutely breathtaking. I want to live in this film. You must watch it! x

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10 comments:

dinkum design said...

I've been waiting to see this film. I think I'll put it on my weekend "to do list".

Miss Molly said...

Oooh! thanks so much for the tip! cannot wait to see it
have a fab weekend!
xoxo

PS: love the H&M and wardrobe swop post

Anonymous said...

It was a great film. Loved the colour & style & mood.

If you loved this what did you think of "Julie & Julia", with Meryl Streep & Amy Adams? I loved it!! Meryl is great! WHat a delightful performance. To top it off we watched it at Cinema Nouveau, it was raining, sipping on a cappucino - so nice cosy & added so much to the experience of the movie.

Lauren Setterberg said...

Thanks Molly! Ah, Tanya, that sounds like heaven. I haven't seen it yet but thanks for reminding me, I'm keen to watch. x

Nadia Jonker said...

I really can't wait to go and see this. Desperate. Those outfits...inspiration deluxe overload. Thanks for posting some of them...so beautiful x

Emma-Jane said...

Aw.. I STILL havent seen this! me and my boyf were at nouveau last night.. and he wasn't convinced that it was brilliant and we HAD to see it.. so we compromised and watched 'up in the air'. ..

loved ur h&m post! I can't wait to shop there! :) flip!

Lauren Setterberg said...

Hi Em! Ah, the couple compromise;) I saw Up too. I liked it alot but the ending disturbed me for days afterwards! You'll have to go back to see An Education. x

Terence Sambo said...

certainly looks interesting cnt wait to watch it :o]

PinkBow said...

thanks for the link :) and you just summed exactly how i felt about this film. this blew me away so much i was still thinking about it a week later! i'm pleased it won a bafta but couldn't believe it didn't win an oscar, carey's performance was amazing.

looking forward to your monday inty ;)

Windsoul said...

I HAVE TO see this movie. Like now. Damn.
Lovely.
Damn.